Customer Testimonials of Ukulele Lesson in Singapore with Daniel Purnomo

It’s exactly a year ago during the start of circuit breaker period when I decided to approach teacher Daniel to ask to join his Ukulele class which had moved online. It has been a wonderful journey of discovering the joy of music and making new friends. Thank you teacher Daniel! - SL, 2021

I enjoyed the journey together with a lively, wonderful, friendly and crazy bunch!Thank you Daniel for sharing tips and tricks and demystifying what it’s all about. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 - MW, 2021

Thank you Daniel for the patience and guidance....not easy via ZOOM but you make it!!!!!!! - ST, 2021

Daniel is a very dedicated ukulele teacher, very talented and very keen to impart lot of his knowledge - JT, 2020

Daniel is a dedicated ukulele teacher. He's very passionate about imparting his knowledge and shares useful tips to playing songs, and not simply memorizing - ST, 2020

Hi all, I have attended the eight lessons of Strum and Pluck Ukulele Course. I personally feel they are good as strumming is important part of ukulele playing. I learnt that strumming is not only to learn the chords and the patterns of rhythm but more importantly is the way how I have to show the contrast of the beats so that the feeling presented can be expressed much nicer. You will enjoy the lessons from zoom meeting. I like that as I feel more comfortable learning at home - BW, 2020

What's more, in my case, this class would be better than many of things Youtube. Can ask question during class or after by whatsapp and also can share to revise with classmates. Even some tricks what you couldn't know. 

I enjoy the class thru zoom cos it's more relaxing, learning from home, no need traveling. The song is nice, learnt new chords also Daniel taught different types of strumming which I only knew the basic strumming before. Though I only started to learn ukulele in Feb, but I can follow this strumming class. Unfortunately I can't continue with new strumming class next week cos the timing on Sat morn doesn't suit me - SG, 2020

I enjoyed Daniel's teaching very much. He is not only patient but also very willing in imparting his knowledge and skills to us. The good point about zoom class is everyone is like sitting in the front row and able to see the whiteboard and Daniel's hands movement clearly. Otherwise you can communicate with him to adjust his position and he is always so accomodating - SY, 2020

I enjoyed the zoom class even though I'm new to it and needed adjusment to this way. The good thing is that I don't need to leave home. And we learnt new and different strumming patterns for the songs Home and Shanghai Tan. Daniel is attentive to us all (he can see everybody on his big screen ;)) even though there are many people. But we don't have to play individually if we don't want to :) - KW, 2020

I like your teaching and I can learn more than I can digest everytime. But as I carry on to learn I find that I understand more and can play better even though I always think that I probably can't do it as my eyesight and hearing are not good due to old age. Thank you to be my teacher. I listen to your almost daily ukulele playing from the facebook. As I don't know the songs that you are playing I always go to the original of the song and listen to the melody and lyrics of the song. Then I go back to listen to your playing. Some I can catch a few lines of the song and others I don't. As for your live music of the facebook, I only went in once and I found that I don't know the song and also can't say anything. Hence I think that is for musicians to join - BW, 2020

I have learnt many stuff from you and because of you, now I am in a happy dilemma, thank you! You see, I like your lesson as we can learn new practical stuff and also some useful musical theory. My musical foundation is not good so I definitely want to learn more from you, especially being able to catch chords, add fill ins, and play by ear. I hope to continue learning ukulele too but my main interest is still fingerstyle guitar. And I know you are a very good fingerstyle guitarist as well! - E, 2020

Tq sharing video is so helpful! Tq Daniel for always so encouraing, patient, passionately guiding teaching. Enjoy your lesson, mu music journey have step by step forward, eg "...G7 ...going...sooon...C :) Thanks again - 2020

I feel blessed that I’ve found Mr. Purnomo as my Ukelele teacher. His teaching is very clear that I learnt of the position of the music notes on the ukulele frets in one lesson . Then learning of the chords becomes so easy. Interest in learning ukulele further is increased by joining the ensemble class where all the students have to assist one another in order to have the song played at the right tempo - BW, 2019

Thank you teacher for your patience and humour. I always laugh in your class  “Guilty feeling and stress are not a good motivation”... it hit me deep. How TRUE and a timely reminder - LMF, 2019

Learning Ukulele from Daniel for more than half a year in a group as a beginner is an excellent learning experience. Without any music foundation and this is the first musical instrument that I pick up. I learnt not only skill but also music theory, how to appreciate music, and performance in a group. A very patient teacher and friend who can guide you whichever level you are in. It is a journey that I just started and I am so blessed to have a good teacher to start with - LMS, 2019

Just completed my 1st elementary course with Daniel, his teaching is so much different from what I had previously picked up. It's like reintroduce a total new uku play to me. Learning the music theory is something more than I expect. I am glad and lucky to bump into his class and knowing such a talented musician. Start my music journey with Daniel, what a great pleasure - KMW, 2019

Feel so blessed to learn ukulele under ur leadership n with this new "skill" be a ministry n blessing to others! - BL, 2019

Learning the ukelele with Daniel is a joy. No fast rules. No shortcuts. He explains everything. From why u press certain strings because of G Chord. What it consists of. He gives music theory lessons. I am a guitar player so naturally strumming is not so difficult. I learn lots of plucking and melody picking to add color to songs. Great experience. Strongly recommend - RF, 2019

Daniel is a very talented musician. As one of his student, i hv the benefit of playing some of his music arrangements in the form of an ensemble. Simply awesome. To improve our skill, there were opportunities to perform at CC, events... this helps builds confidence too - EN, 2019

Daniel is an excellent, friendly, and responsible teacher (and of course a fantastic musician as well). He always makes sure you understand everything before you leave. As someone who is very slow in learning, he is extremely kind and patient, always guiding, and encouraging me. I like it that he also insisted that the fundamentals are very important and so I learnt and understood many things much more, like the relationship between chords and the meaning of numbers, etc. I'm only at my fifth lesson and I learnt much more than I did as compared to learning months at other guitar schools. Honestly, out of all the guitar teachers that I have, he is by far the best. Thank you for your patience and awesomeness! Looking forward to more improvements under your guidance :) - KP, 2018

Daniel’s ukulele lessons are so lively. He doesn’t want us just to memorize the chords. He teaches us know how and trains our ears. He tries to make us being a musician! Although I am a new learner, I love playing ukulele after taking up his lessons - DMK, 2018

Daniel's ukulele course is structured and provide a solid foundation for beginners like me. Instead of rushing into strumming songs, he took us through the theories and the basics of music. While some may find the initial lessons slow, my own experience found that I can entrust Daniel with my learning, as over the course I definitely see progress in myself. As a teacher Daniel is knowledgeable and can play really well (do ask for a performance in your class!). He is also patient and encouraging. Daniel leaves no students behind and takes the effort to bring 'slower' students up to speed. Most of all, there are no boring lessons with Daniel thanks to his good humour. If you are looking for a knowledgeable teacher who also makes your learning experience a great one, I recommend Daniel - AG, 2018

Daniel Purnomo is a very talented musician with decades of experience. He is not just a music teacher. He is in touch with current performances and his flexibility in playing music across genres is highly commendable - CP, 2018

Come learn from Daniel - you will enjoy his class. My friend and I am enjoying the classes - MBB, 2018

You're the only teacher that allows student to make mistakes yet you have a lot of good students - K, 2022

Comments