(Sultan) Textile and Ukulele


I repost my writing on last September 19th 2019 ago

After some casual gathering of our church Day Group fellowship we went to Sultan Textile for my wife to browse some sewing materials.

Thankfully I brought my ukulele along, so I just played it. Initially i was hesitating as I wouldn't know what people would react there, but thankfully the staffs & the customers were okay.

In fact the staffs said that they like to hear the music I played. It really gave me confidence, so might as well I recorded some.

Some people approach me, one's a passer by gentleman who is also a ukulele player (he asked me to play & took the video which I shared on this post) and the other one's a lady customer who's looking for a ukulele teacher for her daughter.

Music is like a magnet as it spreads happiness. It's not intentionally, but I guess I found way to socialize live music to the community...just play it at where you are (provided ukulele is a small portable instrument & not that loud).

At the end after my wife got her stuffs they staff told het, "You can browse longer, so your husband can play longer too"

Sing Mui Heng is a really cool textile/sewing shop, we enjoyed our time there. The staffs are helpful & friendly (and they loved ukulele music, lol), and they've got nice artistic fabrics & sewing tools. You (or your wife) can pay a visit if you're into sewing.

And it's probably the only textile shop with live music in the world?  (just a personal guess).

And thank you for allowing me to have some practice or making music time there.

Aloha & Mahalo
#fromhawaiitosingapore

Link to ukulele playing :

Comments