Snippets of Ukulele Performances with Students on Christmas 2018

It's a new year 2019 - I believe it's a year full of new hope, new visible blessings, new breakthroughs and opportunities. It's gonna be a more exciting year than 2018 :)

Though Christmas and new year season has left, I want to write about my gratitude for the various blessings I had last year during that season. 

One of them is about my journey as a music teacher (guitar, ukulele & music theory). I had so many opportunities/platforms, and not only for me, but also for my students to perform. I don't think it's because I'm a well planner (I'm always amazed by how things worked out well in my life), but I believe it's just because of some divine arrangement.

Rather than just learn (though nothing's wrong with learning) I feel that it's better for my students to have opportunities to perform, so there's some goal they look forward to. And it's true enough, they felt motivated by the gig. 

Some of them have some performance experience, but to some it's pretty much a new "electrified" experience. Nevertheless they're grateful for the given opportunity that sharpen them to grow as better musicians.

Here're some snippets from the performances we did :
2nd December 2018 - Movie Night at Bishan East Zone 2 RC



20th December 2018 - Wesley Methodist Church Christmas Celebration at the Cathay


22nd December 2018 - "Christmas@Cathedral" at the Cathedral Cafe

(Some solo fingerstyle ukulele from my album "Uke-tide Ho-lele-day Mood")




(Duo with my professional partner in rhyme, Alexandra Hsieh - We perform regularly at Bodacious every Friday)

23rd December 2018 - "Celebrate Christmas in Singapore" at Wisma Stage, Orchard Road
(Just a little warming up at some corner at Wisma Atria before going up to stage)





I'm looking forward to see many other opportunities, not only for me, but also for the progress of my students in this new year :D

More videos of the performance are on YouTube.com/dapur777. Feel free to "like" - just if you do, "subscribe" and "share".

Thank you so much, and I think it's still not too late to wish you a happy new year 2019.

God bless you

Comments