From Singapore to Hawaii for International Ukulele Competition - Ukulele Singapore

Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii
(this hand sign means hang loose)

Dear friends, thank you for all your supports & well wishes. Though at the end I didn't win the competition I've done my best and am grateful for the whole experience we've been through. I could see that every of the contestant has put a lot of effort in preparing their piece, imagining, writing, arranging, practicing & all the hard works need to be done. Kudos to every contestants that have performed beautifu-lele-y.

I & my wife are so glad that at least we've got some reason to have our holiday a little further than usual, it's our first time in the US, especially Hawaii. In the little time we have here we learnt so much about the interesting culture here.

Once we're back to Singapore I'll still continue my passions in playing & teaching guitar, ukulele, touchstyle guitar, bass, playing in the band, maybe write some songs (only when I feel inspired), and looking forward for another holiday :D

You can check my performance as finalist for the international ukulele contest 2018 at International Market Place, Waikiki, Honolulu here : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=syO1sip9u4A&feature=share

Learning from experience, I've got to arrange the piece with more colors & dynamic to bring more contrast in the story line. Good to be more convincing & put strong character in the music I play. It certainly takes hard work in imagining, writing or arranging & practicing the excecution of the piece, it's more than just combining the melody & chords like in spontaneously playing requested song at live music venue I usually do. 

Though I didn't win I'm blessed to be there & to have learned by observing the best. 

Cheers!

with Honoka and Azita

with one of the judges and contestants from China andTaiwan

with Vanessa Ding from Taiwan (the winner from 19+ category)

Comments