Tapping/Touchstyle Guitar Showcase at Queenstown Public Library, Singapore

Last September 2016 I did an entertaining, educative, informative and interactive showcase about Tapping Guitar. The mission is to socialize about this unique approach to public, to make them aware about the dormant potentials of electric guitar as an orchestral instruments.


The theme of the showcase was 
Touchstyle Guitar : What, Why and How

There I explained about the benefits of tapping guitar :

Tapping technique also enables the guitarist to create more syllables to incorporate them into the tune he/she's playing. I picked some Dangdut song to showcase :

A lot of people have the impression that tapping technique is relatively difficult compared to conventional way. I actually made some interactive experiment that proved that it's actually easier to play with tapping than plucking to play melody on the guitar. 

Please watch the video below :

Here's some overall snippet of the 1 hour long showcase :


Beside showcasing solo performance I also explained that this technique could be applied in group too. I was glad that my partner in rhyme, Julian Cheong, lending me her presence and her soulful voice to grace the showcase. 

It's a satisfying showcase to me as the public response's very good. The demographic of the guests was very wide; they ranged from kids, adults until elderly, and they stayed up for Q&A session too.

I thank National Library Board for the opportunity given to me. I'm so grateful for their Arts Mission they carry to give platforms to Singapore Artists to share their vision and works. I hope there will be another project I can do again with them.

I hope my Blog inspires you to "think out of the box", or even "destroy the limiting box" and be free to create.

Enquiry about Touchstyle Guitar Live Music & Course : dapur777@gmail.com

Comments