Double Blessings...Live Music for New Year's Eve Gigs

Me & KC's friends

Last 31st December 2014, I've got a last minute gig. I was on my way to perform for a new year eve dinner in a restaurant near Raffles Place MRT (8-10pm), then suddenly there's a call from somebody asking me to play solo guitar for a private function from 11pm till countdown (only for 16 people) at a restaurant in MBS. It's a perfect timing for me, the distance's also not that far. I made an advanced booking for a cab.

At MBS, it turned out to be a dinner celebration of 35th wedding anniversary of Mr. & Mrs. KC. They're very warm & friendly people, sang together. KC himself's a very romantic man, he expressed his everlasting love to his wife through his singing.

After the showcase in the resto's private dining room, we went up together to the waterfront side to enjoy the NY fireworks. We managed to sing Auld Lang Syne together with my double guitar live music accompaniment just before the new year countdown in which the fireworks started to crack. It's also a double blessings for KC as he celebrated his wedding anniversary as well as new year.

It's also such a blessing to me too to join so many people who gathered together at the iconic countdown place of Singapore

To wrap up the night celebration, I played "What a wonderful world". It's a NY wish for everybody there.

Though that night I didn't bring the whole live band (in some occasion I play with band too), but I'm happy to share the live music through my double guitar. I'm sattisfied watching them celebrating good things in their live...love, peace, joy, family, friendship, etc. 

And I'm sure many more celebrations are on the way this year for all of us! Happy New Year 2015!

God bless!

Posted by: Daniel Purnomo
www.dpurnomoconcept.com




Comments